Monday, October 31, 2016

Seven Portraits from the Past

I still remember being fascinated by faces and drawing them when I was very young, perhaps three and for sure four years old. At age eight I began piano lessons which I abandoned after two and a half years. Books were also a part of my life, as was baseball.

So this is a reminder to parents that there is real value in exposing your children to experiences while they are young. You never know where it will lead.

I never took my art seriously after college, for various reasons that need no explanation here. When I began blogging in 2007 it seemed that one way to avoid copyright infringements by using photos and illustrations from others, I could illustrate by creating my own work. Up till then most of what I did was pretty much a form of doodling. It had no real purpose. You will find more than a thousand images here at my Many Faces of Ennyman blog.

My early interest in faces has never abated. Maybe one day I will try to paint yours.


Meantime, life goes on all around you. Engage it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ed I love your Face Artworks.
Maybe someday You will draw one of me and Marc together.
xo
Karin Marie Michels

Popular Posts