Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Weird Al Loves Rocky Road... And Having Fun

This weekend while cleaning my office and listening to YouTube videos I came across Joan Jett's "I Love Rock 'N Roll." It was fun, not because I was a Joan Jett fan when she was popular, but because my kids had a Weird Al Yankovich album of pop music parodies. The guy obviously had a blast making money by pursuing his creative passion. He applied the motto "Follow Your Bliss" to his own life, believing that it could be possible to make a living doing "whatever makes you happy." His albums have sold over 12 million copies.

So, when I heard the Joan Jett song, I immediately thought of Weird Al's spoof, "I Love Rocky Road." What's fun is how much the Weird Al version of the music video is a take-off on the original. I remember years ago getting a kick out of his version of Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit."

Yesterday, while walking through the Superior Public Library, I saw this picture of Weird Al on a poster promoting reading. It's apparent he's enjoying being Weird Al.

Here's the Joan Jett vid, followed by the parody. If you're not in the office, turn up the sound and enjoy. Or put your earbuds on. Happy listening.

I Love Rock N Roll

I Love Rocky Road

Do you have a part of your life where you're pursuing your passion? Go for it.

No comments:

Popular Posts