Friday, August 9, 2013

Drawn Blank Series A Prep for Dylan's Masterpiece?

"Red Dylan" by ennyman
Oh, the streets of Rome are filled with rubble
Ancient footprints are everywhere
You can almost think that you’re seein’ double
On a cold, dark night on the Spanish Stairs
Got to hurry on back to my hotel room
Where I’ve got me a date with Botticelli’s niece
She promised that she’d be right there with me
When I paint my masterpiece


There's a new advertisement at bobdylanart.com that reads...

Coming Soon 
10.8.2013
Hand signed limited edition graphics collection by
BOB DYLAN
THE DRAWN BLANK SERIES 2013

If you would like to see the new set visit Canvas Wimbledon.  It's a set of 14 works, paintings of simple scenes which probably struck him as worthy exercises to reproduce. There's a motel room, some train tracks, a trailer, a bicycle, an iron railing. The color palette varies so that they are each an individual piece. I especially like the aqua colors of the painting titled Motel Pool, and the haunted feeling conveyed in the piece featuring train tracks.

Since Dylan has made a name for himself as a performer, his Never Ending Tour gives one the impression that he wouldn't have time for making art as well. My guess is that he's like the rest of us who paint, though. He can't wait to get back into the studio. And if you look at his schedule you'll see plenty of space for not only painting, but for whatever else stirs him.

I myself schedule studio time at least once a week, and more often than that as able. I routinely listen to Dylan's music while I paint, or the Saturday evening program on KUMD hosted by John Bushey, Highway 61 Revisited. If I had the chance to ask, I'd be interested in knowing what music Dylan listens to while he paints. And what will he be listening to when he finally paints his masterpiece? 

No comments:

Popular Posts